|Course||Power Writing Workshop[WDRS0149/CR/01]|
|Prerequisites||WDRS0127/CR -- Writing for Results: Email and More|
|Requal. Interval||One Time Only|
|Authorized Instructors||Karen Karlix-Smith ()|
|Target Audience||Individuals looking to improve their writing skills.|
|Objective||This class will help you every day for the rest of your career. No matter what you write - email, reports, procedures, PowerPoint - this workshop will give you the tools you need.|
|Course Content||* Write with confidence to varied audiences at different levels, and be in perfect control of your tone.
* Master specific grammatical and stylistic techniques, including using the active voice, putting the action in the verb, and eliminating wordiness. These strategies will help you explain complex issues clearly and connect with all your readers.
* Assess and improve the quality of your documents in class. You will edit your own documents on the computer and get feedback from the instructor during the workshop.
* Identify consistent standards of writing excellence that will help you:
* Instantly assess your writing strengths and weaknesses and know how to fix any problems
* Increase your productivity by reducing editing and revising time
* Learn higher level editing principles, so you can edit your own and others' work.
|Instructor's Comments||You will also receive:
- Follow up email and phone support from the instructors, as you apply the writing principles you've learned to other documents.
- A copy of the instructors' book, Be a Brilliant Business Writer, by Jane Curry and Diana Young.
Prerequisites: [WDRS0127] Writing for Results: Email and More
If you withdraw from the class 10 business days or fewer before it begins and do not find a replacement, you will be charged the full fee.