|Course||Understanding and Using Digital Certificates (PKI 101) [LS000564/CR/01]|
|Requal. Interval||One Time Only|
|Target Audience||Computer users and developers|
|Objective||This course will introduce you to digital certificates and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI). You will learn how to install and use digital certificates in browsers and e-mail, and discuss DOEGrids and Kerberized Certificate Authority (KCA).|
|Course Content||Both at Fermilab and beyond, computing resources and web sites are increasingly requesting authentication (identity verification) by means of PKI Certificates. In this class, we provide an overview of PKI (Public Key Infrastructure), Certificates, and how to use them at Fermi.
The topics include:
- an overview of PKI and Certificates
- the two types of Certificates at Fermi: DOEGrids and KCA
- how to use Certificates for web page access, email, etc.
- how to obtain and install Certificates in browsers and email clients
- how to sign email and read signed email
|Instructor's Comments||You will not be charged a fee for this class. However, If you withdraw from the class 10 business days or fewer before the scheduled date and do not find a replacement, or if you fail to attend on the scheduled date, you will be charged $200.|